Bright, fast and more creative than ever: advanced technologies come together for an exciting new camera that moves beyond anything the G-Series has seen before. Canon G1X was released on early this year, it’s the new digital camera which has attracted many photographers’ eyes.
You may have got this G1X, it’s great for take photos and recorded full HD 1080P videos. From canon website we know that G1X recorded video is MOV format, this format is supported by many editing software, but it can’t be supported perfectly, take FCP X for example. Final Cut Pro X supported best video format is Apple ProRes 422 Codec MOV format, you can edit video with this format in Final Cut Pro X smoothly. And Canon G1X recorded video is H.264 MOV format, this codec is not good for Final Cut Pro X, you may encounter many problems, so you’d better convert G1X MOV to ProRes 422 codec MOV format, then you can edit G1X video well in FCP X on Mac. You can follow the steps below to transcode G1X video for Final Cut Pro X.
1. Download and install Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. It’s can convert videos between rich video formats, such as convert MOV to ProRes 422 for FCP X.
2. Import the Canon G1X recorded MOV video to this Mac Video Converter for G1X.
3. Click format column to choose the best output format for editing in FCP X. if you want to edit G1X MOV video in FCP X, you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
4. You can click settings button to customize the output parameters, such as resolution and bitrate.
5. Edit function is useful and convenient for you to use. You can trim, crop, adjust effects or add watermark to the video.
6. Click convert button to start converting G1X MOV to ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro X on Mac. This G1X to FCP X converter can help you convert the video format/codec you need quickly.