Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 is a hot camera which released several months ago. You may have got this excellent camera. One month ago, I went to California, in order to record the beautiful landscape on the way, I bought this GX1, it’s small but can take high quality image, what’s more, its recording function is outstanding, the GX1 helped me to record happy time in California.
When I back home, I want to edit Lumix GX1 recorded videos in FCP on Mac, but I encounter some problems when I import GX1 AVCHD MTS/M2TS video to Final Cut Pro for editing, I find FCP can’t support AVCHD well, after I searched on the web, I was told that FCP can’t support AVCHD MTS/M2TS format, the best method to edit MTS/M2TS on Final Cut Pro is to convert GX1 AVCHD footage to Apple ProRes codec for FCP, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac helped me to solve this problem, then I can edit GX1 AVCHD video on FCP smoothly. Below are some guides for you if you have the same GX1 AVCHD problem.
1. Download Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, it can convert Lumix GX1 AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Prores for editing in FCP and FCP X. More output formats are also supported, you can convert GX1 MTS/M2TS to nearly all common video formats.
2. Install and launch the best GX1 Video Converter Mac.
3. Import HDC-GX1 AVCHD file to FCP Converter.
4. Click format bar and choose the best output video format for Lumix GX1. Click and choose Final Cut Pro->Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov). It’s the best format for editing in FCP, FCP X.
5. If you want to adjust output parameters, you can click settings, then you can choose resolution, bitrate, etc. you can skip this step.
6. Edit function is very easy and useful. You can Trim, Crop, add Watermark, or adjust effect and audio replacement.
Click conversion button to start. GX1 AVCHD converter will convert MTS/M2TS to ProRes MOV format for FCP in a short time. After conversion, you just need to transfer converted GX1 video to Final Cut Pro, then you can edit GX1 video in FCP as you want.